Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Moment



Have you ever had one of those moments?  A moment when you know you are in a certain place, at a certain time, with a certain someone, and the only word that I can think to explain it is.. destiny.  A moment so perfect where life just stops.

The other day I came home from work and was very frustrated with my job.  I had a horrible day at work, there were bills waiting to be paid, and a sink full of dishes waiting to be cleaned.  I guess you could say that I had a very bad, no good, rotten day. When Justin got home, we did our nightly ritual of showering, eating, watching tv and unwinding for the night.  We got tired and went to bed.  As I laid in bed waiting for Justin to brush his teeth I contemplated my day and dreaded having to do it all again in the morning.  Justin has always done a good job at making me laugh and feel better after I get home from work.  I remember him coming in the room singing and dancing.  I laughed.  He turned the lights, got in bed and immediately rolled over and kissed me on the forehead, told me he loved me, and just held me in his arms.  That was the moment.  The moment where I felt completely in love and content with my entire life.



As Justin fell asleep, my thoughts turned from dreading life to thinking how lucky I was to be living the life I live.  I have a home, food, television, AC ( I would have DIED this summer without it), and most importantly the most amazing man who loves and cares for me so much more than I ever can deserve. I love him.  I love him more than I ever thought I would.  We have been through so much together.  I started to think how I got to where I am now in life.  I am so grateful that on a Friday night in February 2 1/2  years ago I decided to ditch the institute activity that night and go on a date with some guy.  That some guy became my guy, and my life.  





No comments:

Post a Comment