Monday, May 16, 2011

He Didn't Put a Ring on it!

Saturday night:
 I was working, and it was kind of a crazy night.  I felt like I was running around constantly tending to patients and trying to get everything done.  I finally found some time at the end of my shift to sit down and do some charting.  Literally the minute I sit down, one of my friends sent me a text saying "So you are engaged?".  My first thought: "What a ridiculous question!  I just hung out with him a few days ago and he knows that I have not been dating someone."  He then tells me that on the infamous Facebook it says that I am engaged.  After telling him many times that I indeed was not engaged and that someone who thought they were funny, must have hacked on to my account.  I thought I would go home and quickly change the 'engaged' status to 'single' and no one would ever know it had been changed.... Oh boy, I could not have been more wrong.  I got home from work, showered, and went to bed because I was exhausted from my shift.

Sunday Morning: 
 I woke up from a marvelous night of sleep and started to get ready for church.  I heard my phone buzz, therefore, I went over to see which lovely person had texted me.  I looked at my phone that said I had 21 new text messages and 4 missed calls.  What the junk?!  I had only been asleep for a good 5 hours.  I then remembered...  Everyone was congratulating me and telling me that they didn't even know that I was dating someone.  I was told: 'He is the luckiest guy in the world', 'When's the big day?', 'How did he do it?', 'Is it this guy?','What are your colors going to be?','When do we get to meet him?','I'm so happy for you!' etc.
I was flabbergasted!  Many people told me they wanted to meet him.  My response: "So do I!" Dang you Facebook and your stalking powers! 

I was so confused!

It was great to know that I have so many people that want the best for me.  But it was definitley hard to let some people know that I wasn't engaged.  I felt like I was breaking their fragile little hearts because they were so excited.  I quickly changed the infamous Facebook relationship status back to its original state, yet, I still have kind people giving me their well wishes.  When(or if) I ever do have the priviledge to fool a man into marrying me I now know that I have the love and support of many, and I am uber thankful for that.

All I can say is whomever it was that got on to my account and pulled this clever little trick..touchè! You had me and everyone else utterly confused.  I didn't find it too funny at the time. It's kind of awkward having to tell even my family members that it was all a hoax.  But, it actually was pretty funny.  You are good.... really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment